In my Easter chocolate rankings, Mini Eggs sit right up there with the Lindt Gold Bunny. (Cadbury Creme Eggs, if you were wondering, are right at the bottom. I just can’t stand them.) Two for me, one for you; that’s my approach to sharing a bag of these beauties. I’ve made a few batches of fridge cake in recent months – it’s an easy-peasy bake, with very little washing up involved (win-win) – and decided to chuck a bag of Mini Eggs in last time for an Easter-y treat. Happy Easter!
Recipe | Mini Eggs Fridge Cake
- 300g dark chocolate
- 125g margarine
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g Mini Eggs (plus an extra handful to decorate)
- Line an 8” cake tin with foil.
- Put the digestives into a food bag and crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate, margarine and golden syrup together in a large bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Once melted, set aside ¼ of the mixture in a small bowl.
- Tip the crushed digestives into the large bowl. Add the Mini Eggs (to the bowl, not your mouth, tempting though that may be…)
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Take the chocolate mixture that you set aside earlier, and spread this on top. Press a few more Mini Eggs on top to decorate.
- Leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.